The Chisel is the perfect bike for anyone looking to take the plunge into XC racing. It embodies all of the qualities you'd expect from an XC race bike, like light overall weight, incredible stiffness, and a race-oriented geometry—all with one-by gearing, too.
PRO-LEVEL PERFORMANCE MADE AFFORDABLE
We asked ourselves, “How do we bring pro-level performance down to a price more riders can afford?” D'Aluisio Smartweld Technology was the answer. Smartweld allows us to create the most consistent, high-strength welds possible while taking full advantage of compliant, ultralight alloy tubes.
XC-FAST AND TRAIL-BIKE CAPABLE
Cross-country courses have grown more technical, so why we gave the Chisel a dose of trail bike DNA. The Chisel’s longer top tube, shortened head tube, and slightly slack front end increase its downhill stability without sacrificing its climbing ability.
• Light, stiff, and durable, the premium M5 alloy frame is the perfect racing platform.
• RockShox Judy Silver 29 fork, complete with lockout and adjustable rebound damping.
• SRAM’s SX Eagle 1X drivetrain gives you the gearing you need to tackle any climb.
Given its light weight and ultra-stiff characteristics, M5 aluminum was the natural choice for the Chisel’s frame. And when complemented with our speed-focused XC 29 Geometry, D'Aluisio Smartweld technology, and internal cable routing, you get a bike that compromises nothing in delivering explosive speed, confident handling, and hassle-free maintenance.
Rocks and bumps are soaked up by the RockShox Judy Silver 29 fork. It features proprietary technology from RockShox, like its Solo Air™ spring, that maintains an ideal equilibrium, as well as being one of the lightest air springs on the market.
SRAM's 12-speed SX Eagle drivetrain, with its 11-50t cassette, provides a wide gear range that lets you spin up the climbs, yet have plenty of top end for the descents. One-by setups also decrease weight and make it next to impossible to drop a chain.
CHAIN SRAM SX Eagle, 12-speed
BOTTOM BRACKET SRAM Powerspline
CRANKSET SRAM SX Eagle, Powerspline, 165/170/175mm, 32T
SHIFT LEVERS SRAM SX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed
CASSETTE SRAM PG-1210 Eagle, 11-50t
CHAINRINGS Steel, 30T
REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM SX Eagle
FORK RockShox Judy Silver 29, Solo Air, Turnkey damper, 51mm offset, 15x110mm thru-axle (XS: 80mm, S:90mm, M-XL: 100mm of travel)
FRONT HUB Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm thru-axle, 24h
REAR HUB Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h
INNER TUBES Standard, Presta valve
SPOKES Stainless, 14g
RIMS Specialized XC 29, 25mm internal width, disc-specific
FRONT TIRE Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
REAR TIRE Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
- SADDLE Specialized Power, hollow steel rails
- SEATPOST Specialized, alloy, single-bolt, 27.2mm
- STEM Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS Stout XC, double-butted alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 31.8mm
- GRIPS Specialized Trail Grips
- FRONT BRAKE Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 180mm
- REAR BRAKE Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 160mm
- PEDALS Specialized Dirt
- SEAT BINDER Alloy, 30.8mm
- FRAME Specialized D'Aluisio Smartweld M5 Alloy, XC Geometry, internal cable routing, BSA BB, 12x148mm spacing, triangulated post-mount 160mm brake