The idea of a perfect road is a myth, as there's always a chip, a crack, a rough patch—you name it. But with our Roubaix with hydraulic disc brakes, you'll be taming wild asphalt without any extra effort. This is how road bikes were always meant to be.
The super-light frame has been constructed from our FACT 10r carbon fibre. Its stiffness levels are also off the charts, and compared to the SL4 iteration of yesteryear, you'll experience a whole new, faster, and more efficient geometry. Through some sophisticated engineering, however, we've managed to keep the same fit, feel, and position that we've all come to love from the SL4, and kept it consistent throughout the size-range with our Rider-First Engineered™ construction.
Of course, you're probably thinking, "get on to the suspension thing up front." We call it Future Shock, and essentially, it's a piston in the head tube with 20mm of travel. We developed this technology in partnership with McLaren Applied Technologies, and the result of this are a host of drastic performance improvements, namely in the vertical compliance department. Without giving a physics lecture, we found that focusing on vertical compliance, instead of fork splay, meant that we could improve smoothness, speed, and comfort in one fell swoop. And of all the bikes that we've tested with our Rolling Efficiency Model, the Roubaix outperforms anything on the market.
- Shimano's RS505 hydraulic disc brakes deliver plenty of stopping power abd the superior modulation that hydraulic disc brakes are known for.
- With Shimano Tiagra taking the reins on shifting, you'll experience crisp shifts for many miles to come.
- Consistent throughout the size-range with our Rider-First Engineered™ construction.
- CHAIN KMC X10, 10-Speed
- BOTTOM BRACKET Praxis, Threaded bearings
- CRANKSET Praxis Alba
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano RS405 Shifters, hydraulic disc, 10-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Tiagra, 10-speed
- CASSETTE SunRace, 11-34t, 10-speed
- CHAINRINGS 50/34T
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Tiagra, GS cage, 10-speed
- FORK Specialized FACT carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle
- SADDLE Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- TAPE S-Wrap Roubaix w/ sticky gel
- SEATPOST Carbon, single-bolt, 30.9mm
- HANDLEBARS Specialized Comp Hover Bar, 6061 alloy, 125x75mm w/ Di2 hole
- STEM Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
WHEELS & TIRES
- REAR WHEEL Axis Sport Disc
- FRONT WHEEL Axis Sport Disc wheelset
- INNER TUBES Presta, 40mm valve
- FRONT TIRE Specialized Espoir Sport, 60TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm
- REAR TIRE Specialized Espoir Sport, 60TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm
- FRONT BRAKE Shimano RS405, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE Shimano RS405, hydraulic disc
- PEDALS Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose balls w/ reflectors
- FRAME Specialized FACT 9r carbon, Endurance Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock suspension, 20mm of travel, flat-mount disc brakes