While there's a certain degree of truth in applying terms like "upgrade" or "value" to our Tarmac Comp, we prefer to refrain from doing so. Why? Because the Tarmac Comp stands on its own two wheels as a bike that's born to perform and able to take your riding and racing to the next level.
Like the S-Works Tarmac iterations, it features a Rider-First Engineered™ design that that applies specificity to every tube size and carbon layup for every frame size. This creates the optimal balance of rigidity, weight, and responsiveness, so every frame, regardless of its size, performs just as we intended. You'll also find an identical, Grand-Tour-winning geometry to past Tarmacs, plus a high-end FACT 10r carbon fiber construction.
For the spec, we selected components that deliver the best bang for your buck, like resplendent Roval SLX 24 alloy wheels, a mix of Shimano Ultegra 8000 and 105, and a bevy of Body Geometry components that maximize performance by providing the utmost in comfort.
- The FACT 10r carbon frame combines the lightweight performance and compliance with our Rider-First Engineered™ design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary climbing responsiveness and descending prowess you'd expect from a Tarmac.
- FACT carbon fork with a tapered construction provides incredible front end stiffness and steering response for instantaneous accelerations and high-speed descents.
- A Shimano Ultegra 11-speed groupset provides crisp, reliable shifting and a tall range of gears to form a well-rounded collection of components that are as durable as they are precise.
- CHAIN KMC X11EL, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- BOTTOM BRACKET Shimano Ultegra
- CRANKSET Shimano Ultegra R8000
- SHIFT LEVERS Shimano Ultegra 8000, 11-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Ultegra 8000, braze-on
- CASSETTE Shimano 105, 11-speed, 11-28t
- CHAINRINGS 52/36T
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Ultegra 8000, 11-speed
- SADDLE Toupe Comp Gel, 143mm, hollow Cr-Mo, Adaptive Edge
- TAPE S-Wrap w/ Sticky gel
- SEATPOST Specialized Comp Carbon, Single Bolt
- HANDLEBARS Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- STEM Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
WHEELS & TIRES
- REAR WHEEL Roval SLX 24 Rims, sealed cartridge hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes, 24h
- FRONT WHEEL Roval SLX 24 Rims, sealed cartridge hubs, DT Swiss Competition spokes, 20h
- INNER TUBES 700x20/28mm, 40mm Presta valve
- SPOKES DT Swiss Revolution
- RIMS Roval Traverse 29, hookless alloy, 29mm inner width, 24/28h, tubeless ready
- FRONT TIRE S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x24mm
- REAR TIRE S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x24mm
- FRONT BRAKE Shimano Ultegra 8000
- REAR BRAKE Shimano Ultegra 8000
- PEDALS Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose balls w/ reflectors
- FORK S-Works FACT full carbon, size-specific taper
- FRAME Specialized Tarmac SL5, FACT 10r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, compact race design, 1-3/8" lower bearing, threaded BB, 130mm spacing